turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Online Version Unable to Enter Trust Final K-1 Code 11B and 1040 Schedule 1 line 24z for line 26

Help!? Please! The online TurboTax Premier version directs me to manually enter my K-1 code 11B amount as a beneficiary of a  trust (the trust closed out and this is the final trust tax filing so I have been advised that Sec 67(g) allows an adjustment to income shown on the K-1, box 11B. After an hour on the phone with TurboTax rep., there appears no way to enter this and the TurboTax populated forms state right on them to manually enter the 11B amount, but, there is no way to enter it with the online version.  If I enter a negative number into other income as advised by the TT rep., I can produce the right adjusted gross income but this is unacceptable to both the TT rep. and me because it produces the income adjustment populating to the wrong line on the 1040. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Online Version Unable to Enter Trust Final K-1 Code 11B and 1040 Schedule 1 line 24z for line 26

@spirited wrote:

...If I enter a negative number into other income as advised by the TT rep., I can produce the right adjusted gross income but this is unacceptable to both the TT rep. and me.....

Yeah, but that's the only way to accomplish this with the online versions so you either need to do it that way or switch to a desktop version.

Thanks! The negative income entry doesn't solve the other forms where TT states to manually enter the 11B line, though. There seems no way to access a form with the online version despite TT's instruction to do so. Do you know a way? We could only access forms for preview and printing but unlike desktop version, we could not manually enter. (Unfortunately, I already paid for the online version.)

Frankly, if it's at all possible (e.g., you have a supported computer and OS), I'd recommend contacting Support, getting a refund for the online version, and buying a desktop version - solves the entire problem.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have a computer TT supports any longer with Turbo Tax. But, definitely agree with your advice. I wish I knew how different the online and desktop versions were for very simple filings before I invested the time and resources. This is my first year not using the desktop version and after all of these issues,  I can say I def. much prefer desktop.

Turbo Tax should be able to fix my issue by recognizing that some K-1, 11B entries are for allowable income offset and create a link to permit answering that way so the correct line on Part 2 of Schedule 1 links to the correct line on Form 1040 for the online version. An extra inquiry and proper programming is the fix I seek. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies