kendraleef2007

On my Schedule 7 Form IT-40, at the bottom of the page, do I sign where it says Preparer's signature? I am trying to make sure i have everything signed before I mail in my paperwork.

Indiana Form IT-40 Schedule 7 Additional Required Information, only requires a signature of a Paid Preparer.  You are not a paid preparer, nor is the TurboTax tax preparation software you are using.  Your tax returns are all self-prepared.  You do not sign this Schedule 7.  You only sign the IT-40

What state?
kendraleef2007

Indiana
kendraleef2007

It is the box at the bottom of the page on the right hand side.

KevinCathy351

The IT-40 signature/date line (not a box) is on the 2nd page of the main form, below Line 26, a few lines from the bottom.  This is NOT the Schedule 7 form, which needs no signature (as others have stated)..

JulieS

No, the space for Preparer's signature is to be used by a paid preparers only. If you did your own tax return, using TurboTax, you sign as the taxpayer and leave the Preparer signature box blank.