On K-1 how do I eliminate the message "Description-1 Box 16 has been entered for more than 1 type of income?"

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancyandleon51

On K-1 how do I eliminate the message "Description-1 Box 16 has been entered for more than 1 type of income?"

The codes I am entering are - B, C, D, F, G, I, J, M, Q, and U.  For the Rental Income K-1, I have entered data for codes F and M.  I have entered the remainder of the codes under Business Income.  I am using this approach, because I had read where the two incomes  could not handle general income and passive income in the same grouping.  I am not an accountant.  I am just trying to enter my data for reporting my income taxes.
1 Reply
zsugarbear

I encountered the same issue with the error that would not clear on K-1 16B.   I posted the question on Sunday.  A suggestion was made that worked OK for me, but may not work in every circumstance.   You might want to check out the comments under my post at  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7358719

Robert H/zsugarbear

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings