turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My NYS return wants me to "Check This Entry: Other Additions/Subtractions Stmt (225): Sch B Part 2 Code-5 is not a valid subtraction code. How do I get past this?

What do I put in this question. Frustrating!

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

My NYS return wants me to "Check This Entry: Other Additions/Subtractions Stmt (225): Sch B Part 2 Code-5 is not a valid subtraction code. How do I get past this?

Please follow the instruction below to clear your Form IT-225 error:

1. Go to your New Your return.
  2. Continue through the screens until you get to a page titled, Changes to Federal Income.
  3. Scroll down to the section Other New York adjustments to federal income and click Start next to Other Changes (adjustments) to your federal income.
  4. Delete any entries on the next two screens (including any zeros). 

@Demesme123

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mpierre

I don’t understand why I have to complete this form, and where I find the information.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify if your situation is the same as everyone above that just needs to blank out the information or if you have another situation?

@Mpierre

Betlee69

What if it says all zeros? I am stuck on this page. 

Mpierre

what is this message is about , I don't understand it .please clarify.

kjshaw62

Where is it? Can find

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

@kjshaw62  TurboTax adds form IT-225 to your return automatically if you have adjustments to make between your federal and New York returns.  

When you're entering data in to your New York return answer all of the questions carefully.  If there are any adjustments let the program know.  The form will get added.

Here is a little more info.

Don't see how that is programming issue, should have just not put anything in there if it didn't apply to you in the first place.

I know this is way late, but I found if you tab to the field, it highlights whatever is there. Once highlighted, just hit "delete" button.  Or you can drag the cursor to highlight the field and then delete.  Hope this helps someone.  

caitlinr

made an account just to say that deleting that the solution regarding deleting 0's worked for me. thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies