Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tkielkopf

My 2021 TurboTax Business software is not transferring my 2020 LLC's partnership ownership data correctly. Is there a fix?

I've gone into the 2020 to update TurboTax and re-save the ownership data already.  Didn't work.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My 2021 TurboTax Business software is not transferring my 2020 LLC's partnership ownership data correctly. Is there a fix?

Did you check your 2020 return to ensure a member was not deleted and the return (including K-1s) was not marked as final?

There have been a number of reports centering around this issue. Some have been resolved by the method described above while others have found they needed to enter member/partner information from scratch.

tkielkopf

Yes, I went back in.  Re-saved the old file to an alternative name.  Same issue.

I ended up having to re-create new members, then manually going in to the forms to insert the correct starting and ending ownership information.

xocy
Level 2

I'm having the same problem and the only solution so far is to act as though it is a new business. I think some of this problem is the change to 1099 NEC from 1099 Misc. It is really poor customer service that Turbo Tax has not addressed this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies