Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Purebeauty31
Returning Member

My 2021 tax refund

I filed my taxes on February 3, 2021. I did it on here for free but was charged a fee. They sent my taxes to TPG to take out there fees. I had updated my address at the post office because I was not able to update my address on here and still the check never got sent to my new address. TPG has had my check since November 3, 2021. I have been in contact with IRS as well to see what steps I could take to getting my refund. I have also reached out on numerous occasions to see how my funds can be released to the IRS no resolution at all. I was told from TPG that they released my funds on February 8, 2023 back to the IRS but I have talked to the IRS and they have no recognition of the check being sent back to them it takes 2 days for the IRS to get the funds but I was told by TPG it takes 10 to 12 weeks for them to actually release the fund and I don't see why it takes so long for a tax check to be release if it's not getting mailed and is only getting wired back to the IRS. 2021 has been the worst year for me dealing with TurboTax I have never encountered this problem before and I will never do TurboTax ever again. They have become a scam for this third party that they use and they have held my check for a year in a half with no resolution to resolve my problem. I still have not received my funds for 2021 and I am still waiting for a check to go back to the IRS. This is a hardship for me and my family as we have waited well over a year for a check that was suppose to been given to us. There is no reason that I or anyone else has to go through so many lengths and phone calls just to get money that was earned for the years we worked hard to get a W-2. This has been a rough year and no one seems to care at all about what's going on with your money or even care to resolve or fix the issue. TPG has taken out more then they should and are going to continue to take out money while they are holding the check. I should of got my 2021 taxes before I got my 2023 tax refund but I didn't and I am still waiting. I don't understand why did y'all create a business and call yourself a bank if you not willing to help myself and millions of other people who are going through the same problem I am. Why are y'all here to scam people and take everyone's money that they worked hard for. I will go to hell and hot water to get my money that is owed to me. I will fight for what is right and what you are doing is wrong. Your stealing people's money and not giving them a answer about it. I will file a police report and all the ID numbers I have from all the TPG representatives I spoke with since November 3, 2022. I have alot of ID numbers because I call everyday sometimes 4 times a day and I am going to get my money back every last single penny. TurboTax say they have a free edition where you don't have to pay that's a lie you can go for the free edition and you still get charged for it. TurboTax is fraudulent and if I was anyone who is going through this situation or similar I would never file my taxes through them because your going to have alot of problems. You think it can't happen to you well look at me and millions of others who have been going through this and is still going through this. I don't care I will pay the extra fees for H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, or etc. There I know my money I will always get with no problem yes it cost more but it's worth it to go through that then to sit here and file with a tax company that will do anything to go to great lengths to scam and take other peoples hard earned money. This was my first and last lesson with going through TurboTax. I use to love TurboTax and never thought they would do this to me but they did. I refuse to let TurboTax or TPG get away with everything they are doing to my family. I am going to fight and make sure my voice is heard and that justice get served because it's not right the way these tax company will make false advertisement about their website. If anyone who has a solution to my situation and can help me please send me a message and vice versa if I find any information that can help anyone I will share it to help you and your family as well. We can all stand up and do the right thing. Let your voice be heard no matter how many times you have to fight don't give up because Justice needs to be served and TurboTax and TPG needs to be shut down for good.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My 2021 tax refund

Please tell me where my 2021 tax return is.   I have been asking sing February 2023 and I cannot get an answer.

Apparently, my refund was transferred to a green dot bank account.  It was deposited into a bank account that was not mine.  Account #[removed].  This IS NOT the account that is mine.  I needed my refund $1451& $515.  No I'm scrimping to feed my family.  WHERE IS MY MONEY?!!!!  

i HAVE CONTACTED THE  IRS.   You should hear from them shortly.

My 2021 tax refund

@Linda10482 

if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then the banking information on the tax form is the information to send your refund to the third party bank.  That bank gets your refund first from the IRS.  They take out your TurboTax fees and send the rest to you---and that bank has YOUR direct deposit information.

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My 2021 tax refund

Ok ... lets start at the beginning ... you filed a return and requested the TT fees to be withheld from the federal refund.  The address on your return is no longer correct.   The feds sent the refund to a temp account at the  processing bank (that is the bank account you don't recognise) and they were to send the remainder of the refund after fees to your bank account... review the contract you signed in the PDF of the return for the details.  If they could not direct deposit the refund then they would mail it to the address on the return.  If the check was returned to the bank then they will send it back to the feds and the IRS will mail out a check eventually.

So what you need to do :  

1) update your address with the feds & state so that the refund checks can be mailed to you ... mail in a form 8822 for the feds and check with your state for their address update method.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

2) check with the fed state to see if the refunds were ever released : 

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

FYI ... TT GETS NO INFOMATION ON ANY REFUNDS RELEASED ...  THEY CANNOT INTERCEED ON YOUR BEHALF FOR ANY REASON.  YOU MUST CHECK WITH THE PROCESSING BANK, FEDS OR STATE FOR INFORMATION.  

ClarkMattie54
Returning Member

My 2021 tax refund

You all are slick, scaming people I have enough evidence now.  I want you to know I been working behind the scene... y'all are going give me my money.  I worked my end off for that. Think it's a joke?  Watch me...  You want be able to rip anyone else off.

My 2021 tax refund

@ClarkMattie54  

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies