turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What forms do I need to file for a Pass through sole proprietorship LLC

I'm confused how to report any income from the LLC (which there is none), and how to report expenses incurred by the LLC.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Ok, I see how income and expenses get reported, but what if I have money remaining in my business account at the end of the year.  Does that count as income?  What if its money I initially put in myself as start up funds, will i get taxed on that?
Fern

A single member LLC is a disregarded organization by the IRS.  This means that all income and expenses get reported on Schedule C of your individual tax return. When using Turbo Tax, use either Turbo Tax Self Employed (online) or Turbo Tax Home and Business (desktop software).  

You will enter your business information under the Business tab of the program.  There is a section to enter the general information about the business and then there sections for both income and expense.  The program will generate a Schedule C which is included in your individual tax return.

Ok, I see how income and expenses get reported, but what if I have money remaining in my business account at the end of the year.  Does that count as income?  What if its money I initially put in myself as start up funds, will i get taxed on that?
Fern

Money left in your business account is not taxable. Your start up funds are considered your investment in the business. Keep track of them. If you sell the business you will need to know your basis. It is not taxable in the current year.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies