Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lennys123

K1 has a loss on line 1 and line 2. this investment is a building. program is saying cant have entry on both lines. now what?

K1 has a loss on line 1 and line 2. this investment is a building. program is saying cant have entry on both lines. now what? Thanks Lenny

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

K1 has a loss on line 1 and line 2. this investment is a building. program is saying cant have entry on both lines. now what?

You'll need to enter to enter your schedule K-1 twice: 

1. For the box 1 ordinary income/loss, and 
  2. For box 2 real estate activity

For other amounts in Part III of your schedule K-1, refer to an attached statement for your schedule K-1, so that you know which amounts to enter for each activity. This is necessary so that the software can calculate each activities income/loss and is standard practice for reporting a K-1. 

After adding one schedule K-1 for box 1, you'll be able to select to Add another K-1 and you'll see your entries listed from a summary screen at the beginning of this section. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmandaR1

You'll need to enter to enter your schedule K-1 twice: 

1. For the box 1 ordinary income/loss, and 
  2. For box 2 real estate activity

For other amounts in Part III of your schedule K-1, refer to an attached statement for your schedule K-1, so that you know which amounts to enter for each activity. This is necessary so that the software can calculate each activities income/loss and is standard practice for reporting a K-1. 

After adding one schedule K-1 for box 1, you'll be able to select to Add another K-1 and you'll see your entries listed from a summary screen at the beginning of this section. 

lennys123

There was two K1 already attached to my return for the same building. So on one I filled in all the lines exact like the one I received including line 1 just leaving the entry off line 2. The second one I filled in line two with the new entry from this year only. On sch E I do see both losses listed although line 2 was calculated to a reduced amount by the program. Is this right?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies