Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ravigadu

How do I enter a K-1 (form 1065) and 1099-B for the sale of a limited partnership (individual) so that the capital gains aren't listed twice in Turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I enter a K-1 (form 1065) and 1099-B for the sale of a limited partnership (individual) so that the capital gains aren't listed twice in Turbotax?

The sale needs to be reported only once.  This is very common with these interests in the partnerships (K-1 and 1099B).

I personally like to report it only in the K-1 section as my basis information is also there. 

IRS is aware of the multiple reporting of these sales and will look for it in the matching program to prevent you from getting a letter from them. 

Can you provide an updated answer for this as apparently TurboTax has changed how this is done.  I have received 1099B for this sale.

It is still the same way.  You can enter the 1099B in the Investments section or report the sale in the K-1 section (which I prefer as the basis is already listed there).  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.google.com/search?q=How+do+I+enter+a+K-1+(form+1065)+and+1099-B+for+the+sale+of+a+limite...>
hwiwonsh

Hello,

I finished 2020 tax return with 1099B. And I just received a K-1. do I need to adjust?

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies