turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using Turbo Tax 2018 Home & Business - Entering assets is taking about 2 min each...VERY SLOW....Anyone else having the same issue?

I am using Turbo Tax 2018 Home & Business - Entering assets is taking about 2 min each...VERY SLOW....Anyone else having the same issue?

I am using a Surface Pro 3, which has a SSD and 16GB Ram - At 60% Hard drive space...I notice the APP is constantly running at over 40% CPU.  No way is it my machine.

I tried disconnecting from the internet - No difference...updated - no difference...rebooted - no difference

I have used TurboTax for decades....never had an issue like this.  

Oh and for the record...it seems to be happening every other screen...

I am not sure why it needs to calculate until after the asset has been added...but that seems to be what it's waiting for.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It could be that several people are trying to do their taxes at the same time and the server is being overloaded.  The closer we get to April 17, the more potential for this exists.  Peak times are late afternoon and night.

Is that for the locally installed application as well?  I disconnected from the internet to see if that was the case and it didn’t seem to have an issue.

Funny - I searched here because I am having the same issue for TurboTax 2019!!!

I notice it hasn't been solved nor has my follow up question been responded to.

I am using H&B TurboTax 2019

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies