turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there an option to print 2021 rather than 2020 on the tax returns with TT Business 2020 (Filing a Final Estate return for 2021)

I need to file a Final (partial year 2021) Final Tax Return for an Estate. The current year product TurboTax Business 2020 does not allow nor print 2021in the actual Tax forms nor any of the K-1 letters & supporting documents, but rather 2020 with a notation of the dates only on the 1041 Tax Form.

The current year product (TurboTax Business 2020) only allows 31 Dec 2020 as the start date of the partial tax year rather than 1 Jan 2021.

Obviously I could wait till the TurboTax Business 2021 is released...but is there a workaround so I can get this done sooner without having to manually hand write to adjust every page in the documents that has 2020 rather than 2021?

There are more than 14 Beneficiaries and some might raise an eye to the fact that the Final Tax return for 2021 indicates 2020 in supporting documents...yes lawyers are involved.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there an option to print 2021 rather than 2020 on the tax returns with TT Business 2020 (Filing a Final Estate return for 2021)

@mae5818estate wrote:

.......is there a workaround so I can get this done sooner without having to manually hand write to adjust every page in the documents that has 2020 rather than 2021?

The issue has been raised in the past (several times) and, unfortunately, there is no workaround other than printing the forms in the return and making manual corrections where necessary.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@mae5818estate wrote:

.......is there a workaround so I can get this done sooner without having to manually hand write to adjust every page in the documents that has 2020 rather than 2021?

The issue has been raised in the past (several times) and, unfortunately, there is no workaround other than printing the forms in the return and making manual corrections where necessary.

I figured so. The CPA who messed up the K-1s provided me with the Return & forms as 2021 documents,.  They used a professional product from Wolters Kluwer.

Yes, that would be CCH.

Their software is configurable so one can use the fiscal year dates you specified in your original post.

If the CPA messed things up they should make the correction for free. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies