Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is form 8829 still not finalized for TY 2020? As I am putting it in Turbo Tax, it is asking me for 2019 numbers and showing 2018 as comparables.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Is form 8829 still not finalized for TY 2020? As I am putting it in Turbo Tax, it is asking me for 2019 numbers and showing 2018 as comparables.

The home office worksheet is showing available now. It does use prior year information until updated. If you are using the desktop program, you need to update. There have been no changes in the form or instructions other than updating the dates.

Home office deduction benefits small business owners

The IRS does not open until February 12. They work on forms from most common to least common. See Federal form availability for expected release dates. Once released, we work to incorporate them quickly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am using the online version, and it does not seem to be updated there. As it is still asking me to input my 2019 expenses instead of 2020.

This is just a section that has old dates 2018 & 2019  instead of the correct 2019 & 2020 ... this typo   will eventually be corrected but it doesn't affect the return ... ignore the old dates and continue.  

Ok, I still am not sure it is working. After I put all the info in it tells me I don't qualify because my net profit is less than 0, but that is not the case at all. That's why I was wondering if there was something still not right with the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies