mjdlsantos

Is form 8829 still not finalized for TY 2020? As I am putting it in Turbo Tax, it is asking me for 2019 numbers and showing 2018 as comparables.

AmyC

The home office worksheet is showing available now. It does use prior year information until updated. If you are using the desktop program, you need to update. There have been no changes in the form or instructions other than updating the dates.

Home office deduction benefits small business owners

The IRS does not open until February 12. They work on forms from most common to least common. See Federal form availability for expected release dates. Once released, we work to incorporate them quickly.

mjdlsantos

I am using the online version, and it does not seem to be updated there. As it is still asking me to input my 2019 expenses instead of 2020.

This is just a section that has old dates 2018 & 2019  instead of the correct 2019 & 2020 ... this typo   will eventually be corrected but it doesn't affect the return ... ignore the old dates and continue.  

mjdlsantos

Ok, I still am not sure it is working. After I put all the info in it tells me I don't qualify because my net profit is less than 0, but that is not the case at all. That's why I was wondering if there was something still not right with the form.