turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JustJudy1

2nd Option Problem

Downloaded Turbo Tax 2016 for Mac.  2nd option was TT Advantage for Windows and Mac CD, which also had a download.  I thought that was my Tax Audit contract that I purchased with Turbo Tax, so I tried to download that.  "Platform is not compatible" with my Mac. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2nd Option Problem

If you are on the Advantage plan and signed up for the CD they also put both the Windows and Mac Downloads in your account so you don't have to wait for the CD.  The CD has both windows and mac programs on it.

See the third paragraph here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301771

View solution in original post

7 Replies

2nd Option Problem

You can't download a cd 🙂

If you have a Mac installer and a Windows installer in your account, then obviously only the Mac installer will work on a Mac.  The CD has both installers, but would sent by mail if you ordered it.

I think, but I am not sure, that if you are a turbotax advantage member, you get the CD in the mail as well as downloads in your account.
JustJudy1

2nd Option Problem

Yes, exactly.  However, the second option had a "Download" arrow.  That is what mixed me up.  Usually, if it is a physical product, there is no option to download.
JustJudy1

2nd Option Problem

Thank you. 🙂

2nd Option Problem

I don't do advantage so I can't be sure, but I suspect you have both downloads and a CD coming in the mail.  The file may be labled "CD version" to let you know that it is the same version that will come on the CD.  I'm not always sure the people who write the web pages here think things through.
JustJudy1

2nd Option Problem

I think you're right.  Since I have the TT 2016 installed, I'll have to see what comes in the mail.  I appreciate your help.

2nd Option Problem

If you are on the Advantage plan and signed up for the CD they also put both the Windows and Mac Downloads in your account so you don't have to wait for the CD.  The CD has both windows and mac programs on it.

See the third paragraph here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301771

JustJudy1

2nd Option Problem

Thank you very much for your reply.  I was needlessly worried.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies