joanie

I think I need to be signed in as an llc

I put myself in as self employed
ThomasM

If your LLC is a single-member LLC (or a husband & wife in a community property state), then it's considered a "disregarded entity" by IRS, unless you elected to be taxed as a corporation.  A disregarded entity reports income & expenses on Schedule C of the individual return.  This means you're self-employed and you'll use the TurboTax Self-Employed software.

If this describes your situation, then when you're inputting the LLC information into TurboTax, you'll be asked to enter the company name, and you'll enter the LLC name (the company address may or may not be your own).

If your LLC is a multi-member business -- which requires the filing of a business return -- then you'll need to use TurboTax Business software.