turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I think I need to be signed in as an llc

I put myself in as self employed
1 Reply
New Member

I think I need to be signed in as an llc

If your LLC is a single-member LLC (or a husband & wife in a community property state), then it's considered a "disregarded entity" by IRS, unless you elected to be taxed as a corporation.  A disregarded entity reports income & expenses on Schedule C of the individual return.  This means you're self-employed and you'll use the TurboTax Self-Employed software.

If this describes your situation, then when you're inputting the LLC information into TurboTax, you'll be asked to enter the company name, and you'll enter the LLC name (the company address may or may not be your own).

If your LLC is a multi-member business -- which requires the filing of a business return -- then you'll need to use TurboTax Business software.

By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies