charywlee

I started my business in Nov 2018 but have work-related miles from before. Do I input miles separately from before I started my business?

I have work-related miles from when I was working as an independent contractor but before I started my own business. Where do I input these miles and do I input them separately from my work-related miles after I started my business?

Also, I have been using Google Maps Timeline to log where I have been going - does this count as a legitimate record of my mileage? 

Cindy0H

Yes, Google Maps Timeline is a legitimate record.

In the eyes of the IRS, when you are an independent contractor, you are self-employed. Enter all of the mileage in your vehicle expenses in the business. Do not seperate them.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

Cindy0H