turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

donna6257

Cash contributed by LLC partners this first year not showing up on K1 Part II Section L using TT Business

This is the first year LLC partnership, I used the Turbo Tax Business to create the K1's. The 3 partners contributed $20,000 in cash each to start and the amount is not in Part II Section L of the K1 for the partners under 'Capital contributed during the year. Is there some other variable as to why it is not on the K1? Is this a problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
donna6257

Cash contributed by LLC partners this first year not showing up on K1 Part II Section L using TT Business

I reviewed the Form 1065 Schedule K-1 worksheet and the 'Contribution - Cash' line item has the amount of cash contributed under the 'Capital' and 'Basis' columns for each of the 3 partners. And the Total Cash Contributed at the bottom of the form is the total for all 3 so I'm confused as to why it would not appear on the actual K-1's as "Capital contributed during the year' in Part II Line L

Take a look at how you responded to the partnership return Schedule B question 6.  I believe if you responded "yes" then the software will assume you are not completing the balance sheet and as a result item L on the K-1 will not be populated either.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies