Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hsolis328

I own an S CORP and my company received a form 1099 from another company that hired us. Now how do I report this 1099 in turbo tax business ?

Was that company required to issue us a 1099 ? My concern is how do I report this income when I file my tax return since all income comes into the same account and we don't separate 1099 income from general sales income. Do I disregard this 1099 ?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I own an S CORP and my company received a form 1099 from another company that hired us. Now how do I report this 1099 in turbo tax business ?

The company was not required to issue a Form 1099 to a corporation.

There is no special reporting.  When entering your normal business receipts, just make sure it includes the amount from this company.

You shouldn't have received the 1099-MISC.  You could ask the issuer to correct that, but probably he won't.

You don't need to "enter" that 1099-MISC anywhere in you income tax return.  (I'm not even sure that the "Business" product has an interview for that.)  It's already included in your "revenue" in your own accounting system and so you simply report all your revenue, as usual.

In any case, even if the Business product does have an interview for a 1099-MISC absolutely no detail off that 1099-MISC is included in your actual income tax return you file with the IRS.  All the IRS sees is a lump sum of "revenue."

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies