You can make an adjustment on your 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received.
To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:
- Enter the information in your return.
- Click Federal Review at the top of your screen.
- On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received.
- TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to. This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.
Does this mean we will not receive the other half of our second stimulus until we file our taxes??
Yes, that is what it means. You will have to file the 2020 tax return to receive any stimulus payments you were eligible to receive but did not receive.