turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need help completing this entry IT-360.1

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

51 Replies
Carl
Level 15

What is "this entry"? Is the IT-360.1 have something to do with a state return? If so, what state? There are 37 states that tax personal income.

sabrielriver
Returning Member

New york

I'm having a problem with the New York IT-360.1.

It says:

IT-360.1 TP -- Change of City Resident Status Stmt - TP: Total Fed Adj, Federal -- The amounts entered in Column A of the Line 17 - Federal Adjustments to Income Worksheet do not agree with the total transferred from the Income Allocation Worksheet to Line 17 Column A. Above line(s) should total $0.

I tried changing "Total Federal adjustments to income" but I can't change the line where I put an adjustment according to my W2, so it adds up to a number greater than zero.

Please move this to another thread if it's more appropriate.

Did anyone help you with this error? I am getting the same message and cannot find a resolve. I even chatted with a Live expert and did not get help.

AP37

I'm having the same issue with this form, and 3 separate tax experts/turbo tax experts have not been able to help me resolve it. It was suggested that I print out and manually edit the page in order to file. Each time I update the field to net out the amounts, the edit doesn't 'stick' and I end up going in circles. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Once you enter the information for being a part-year resident of NYC, you should get to the Allocate Federal Adjustments to Income page in your New York state interview screens. I have attached a picture below for additional guidance.

The second column (Total Federal Adjustments) must be the same as the amount on the line shown above. In the example below, $1,813 of adjustments would have to be entered. If not, an error will populate on your return. 

Then, you would be able to allocate the NYC portion of these adjustments to the time you were a NYC resident. The amounts in the third column would represent amounts that should be taxed by NYC. 

If you are still getting an error, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2020" file that is experiencing this issue.

You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@AP37

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pkalmakis
Returning Member

Thank you @LenaH. I am running into the same issue. I included a $10,000 adjustment for contributing to a 529 account, all of this allocated in NYC. Under "Total New York adjustments to income", I have the value 10,000., and yet I still receive a prompt to "Check This Entry". It says "Above line(s) should total $-10000.."

I've shared my file. My token number is: 782514

Thanks

@LenaH - I'm having the same exact issue as everyone else above for the same form and reason.
Please help ASAP.

I've submitted my file as you suggested and my token is 819233.

xhgfxhj

I figured this out.  It seems to be impossible to fix on the error page, but if you go back to the state page and click the button next to:

New York City and Yonkers info and allocations

Then in the first column simply put in the number indicated in the text, this is the entire amount.  The second column is what is actually attributed to NYC.

@xhgfxhj Thank you so you much for sharing! That worked!! I can finally get my taxes done now. 

Hi- please help @LenaH . I am unable to file my taxes because of this error. I do not know what I am doing wrong. 

My token number is: 834029

Thank you!

@RStudio Thanks! I was able to file. Thanks for the response! 

No problem! I'm glad it helped! 😄

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies