fiveftnone

I'm self-employed and received a CARES Act grant from my county, not a PPP loan. Do I report this as income on my taxes, and if so, where? Should it go on my Schedule C?

This grant does not need to be repaid. I do not have to report how the money was spent. I think I need to report it as income, but am not certain. If I do need to report, does it get listed with my business income on Schedule C, or should it be listed somewhere else. I'm a single member LLC, filing jointly with my spouse.
DawnC

Yes, it will get listed with your business income on Schedule C.  You should receive a form from the county or whoever issued you the funds by the end of January.  

glori313

I am in the same situation and received a 1099-G.  I cant figure out where to input this in Turbotax.  Box 6 has the amount of the grant but in Turbotax it does ask or give you an option to fill in box 6.  

Would love some clarification!

MaryM428

A taxable grant is entered as 

• Wages and Income
  • Other Common Income
  • Other 1099-G income
  • When you specify taxable grant, then Box 6 will appear on the form.