Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm self-employed and filled out Schedule C step by step for my business. But it does not allow to add wages of manager to expenses in line 26. How too address this?

I'm self-employed and filled out schedule C for my business. I've received wages as a manager of the business, how should this be handled? It is personal income, but should it not be expenses also on Schedule C, line 26? Step by step is not leading there.

How to handle wages as an expense of the business and how to fill it in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I'm self-employed and filled out Schedule C step by step for my business. But it does not allow to add wages of manager to expenses in line 26. How too address this?

A Schedule C is not allowed to pay the owner a wage.  All net profit of the business is taxed to the owner whether distributed to the owner or not.  What you considered a wage was just an act of taking money from the business and does not affect your tax tax filing  at all.  No payment to yourself is entered and all net profit is taxed as your personal income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

A Schedule C is not allowed to pay the owner a wage.  All net profit of the business is taxed to the owner whether distributed to the owner or not.  What you considered a wage was just an act of taking money from the business and does not affect your tax tax filing  at all.  No payment to yourself is entered and all net profit is taxed as your personal income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies