I have an LLC partnership with my wife. I need to do a 1065. Where do I do this? We have only a loss to post.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zapetty

I have an LLC partnership with my wife. I need to do a 1065. Where do I do this? We have only a loss to post.

2 Replies
HelenaC

Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income is supported by  TurboTax Business. For additional information and to purchase  TurboTax Business ,click on Which TurboTax do I need to file as an LLC?

Since the LLC was registered as a Partnership with the IRS, you would need to file a business tax return, Form 1065, Return of Partnership Income first. 

TurboTax Business supports From 1065. When you enter your business information into TurboTax Business, you will generate K-1's Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.

The K-1's would pass through the income and expenses of the LLC and be reported on your personal income tax return, IRS Form 1040.

Additional information:

What's a K-1? Schedule K-1's are issued by pass-through entities.

A pass-through entity doesn't pay income tax; rather, the entity's profits and losses are "passed through" to the entity's partners, owners, shareholders, or beneficiaries on Schedule K-1, who in turn must report the Schedule K-1 on their own personal tax returns.

Partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and LLCs are all pass-through entities.

Related Information:

Carl
Level 15

In order to complete and file a 1065 partnership return you need TurboTax Business (different from Home & Business). TurboTax Business is for windows only. It is not available as an online product or for MACs. You can purchase and download the TurboTax Business installation program at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings