turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmartinez

I have an LLC home business that had no income for the year, How or what form do I enter $0 dollars to reflect this amount in Turbo Tax? Little confused. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KennethB

I have an LLC home business that had no income for the year, How or what form do I enter $0 dollars to reflect this amount in Turbo Tax? Little confused. Thanks.

Is it a single-member or multi-member LLC?

If you operate your business using a limited liability company (LLC), then you have more flexibility in choosing how the IRS taxes your business earnings. Your choice will directly influence the tax filing rules you are subject to. There is no set of tax rules that specifically apply to LLCs; the IRS allows the LLC to use partnership, corporate or sole proprietor tax rules.

Single-member LLC (sole proprietorship)

If you're a sole proprietor who formed an LLC with just yourself as a member, you'll file Schedule C with your Form 1040 and include all LLC income and deductions there.  What Is a Schedule C IRS form?
TurboTax Home & Business has everything you need to file your personal return along with your Schedule C. It's available as a CD/Download for Windows and Mac or Online as TurboTax Self Employed.

Multi-member LLC (partnership)
A multi-member LLC will need to use TurboTax Business to prepare and file Form 1065 (U.S. Return of Partnership Income).
TurboTax Business (Windows only) contains everything you'll need to prepare Form 1065 and the associated Schedule K-1 forms.

It also lets you prepare W-2 and 1099 forms for employees and contractors that work for your LLC.

[Edited: 01/23/2018 [6:32 pm]]

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies