Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jds7jds7

I get an error on Schedule E which is linked to Schedule K-1. Income line 4 is showing an error though the same amount is listed on Schedule E.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Anita01

I get an error on Schedule E which is linked to Schedule K-1. Income line 4 is showing an error though the same amount is listed on Schedule E.

The k-1 form already reflects all the Schedule E entries made in the Schedule E filed by the entity that sent you the k-1.  You would not include a separate Schedule E page 1 in your personal return or you would be duplicating the entries you make from your k-1.  Just enter the  k-1..

jds7jds7

TT allowed me to deleted the Federal Sch E, but CA forms K-1 wants the Sch E - with the same problem.
Anita01

you should have received a k-1 for CA
jds7jds7

I did receive a CA K-1. But CA wants me to complete a Schedule E WKS. Because I do not have a Federal Sch E, it is looking for a Net Federal profit or (loss) allowed, - Help indicates - "This amount should only include the Schedule E income or loss"

I have the same problem for 2020.  I have no rental or royalty income or expenses on my federal k-1 but TT says that CA k-1 needs links to schedule E that I do not have.  TT wont let me e-file.  Need help!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

What kind of income is being reported on the K1 and is it from a S-Corp or partnership? Tell me the boxes where there is something reported on the K1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

As you know, SCH E is used for reporting both rental income and royalty income, as both types of income are passive.

It also matters what kind of K-1 you have. 1065 or 1120-S?

If a 1065 K-1 and it has income reported in both boxes 3 and 7, then you need to enter the data "as if" you received two K-1's. One with the income reported in box 3 and the other with the income reported in box 7.

Do not duplicate the monetary values in other boxes, across the two K-1 entries.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies