GRAMMY3838

I did NOT receive the stimulus how do I correct this portion?

Can I amend the answer to receiving, not receiving the stimulus payment?

Which Stimulus payment?  #1 #2 or the new #3?  Did you already file?  Do you have an amount on 1040 line 30?

GRAMMY3838

amount in line 30 is  $1800    I AM TRYING TO AMEND MY RETURN  I DO NOT WANT TO CLAIM SOMEONE AS A DEPENDENT     CAN I DO THIS??

DanaB27

If you have $1,800 on line 30 then you are claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit for the first and second stimulus payment ($1,200 +  $600 = $1,800).

Yes, if you do not want to claim someone as a dependent then you can remove them from your return. Please select "My Info" on left and scroll down to dependents. Please see FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

Please be aware, if that person meets the requirements to be your dependent then he/she will have to select that they can be claimed as a dependent on their return even if you decide to not claim him/her.