Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I cannot file. Turbo tax is missing Form 8606T and 8606S. What is the deal? It is February 14 already....and still missing forms?

Why is all this info so different?

I cannot file. Turbo tax is missing Form 8606T and 8606S. What is the deal? It is February 14 already....and still missing forms?

Last minute tax law changes by Congress always cause delays.

The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 that was just passes on Feb 9th  retroactively extended the tuition and  fees deduction, PMI, energy credits and other deductions to Jan 1 or 2017.  The IRS has no idea how long it will take to  make all of those form changes.   If the one 8606 has taken this long, that new law will change about 10 more forms.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This is absurd.  I owe a penalty and every day that passes the penalty gets greater.  Unacceptable.

But is it really true that this is a TT issue?  What about Loyalcustomer above who says he/she has managed to file 8606 with HR Block?

All I know is what the IRS says.   Just it can be filed does not mean that the IRS will process it.

The IRS  says the 8606 will not be available until 2/22.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms">https://www.irs.gov...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

UPDATE:  A update was just released about half an hour ago.   The 8606 is available to file after applying the update.

That's good news.  How do I apply the update with the web-based version?

TurboTax does that automatically - probably tonight when traffic is low.

The IRS Website still says 2/11 for this form availability.
Form 8606 Nondeductible IRAs - Known Limitations (For 1040 and 1040A)
2/22/2018

The IRS  Free File Fillable Forms  might be something different.
tchenevey

Apparently someone has the wrong info. I just tried. It's NOT available yet. I'm sick of turbo tax and there lies. To think I paid to have extra protection.

TurboTax just released a Mac and Windows desktop update at about 1PM PST today (2/15) that has the final e-file-able 8606 form.  The online versions will probably be updated during a low traffic period - probably tonight about 8:30 PM PST I have been told.

Okay so I run updates on my Windows computer overnight and should be able to file tomorrow?  Sorry, definitely not tech savvy here, that's why I pay TT $$ to do all this.  Might be re-thinking for next year...
covie85

Macuser, thanks for this info- it’s encouraging! How did you find out about the update?
wpboyt

I just filed, all done
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies