lwcushman

I can't transmit my completed tax forums

I can't transmit my completed forums, I tried to e file my fed and state returns, when I click on (transmit forums now) button I get pop up message saying-- Tax program update required - there is an update available for your tax program, before you can e file you must get this update. I checked and all my updates were up to date.                                  I checked for updates but I'm all up to date, I don't want to lose my completed returns and I've already paid for state e file.

lwcushman

Where is the rest of my question? It should have said I can't transmit my completed forums, I tried to e file my fed and state returns, when I click on (transmit forums now) button I get pop up message saying-- Tax program update required - there is an update available for your tax program, before you can e file you must get this update. I checked and all my updates were up to date. 

SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

It is possible some forms in your return are not available yet. You can check this in the Review section. 

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on the availability of IRS forms. Federal Individual Form Availability

Federal Forms

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal. State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

State Forms

lwcushman

No this didn't help because some forums weren't available yet. The problem was with the program and I don't see how Intuit can think people aren't going to have technical problems. The automated system is useless for this kind of problem it just kept taking me in a circle. I searched the internet for 3 days trying different fixes that didn't work, yesterday I was going to go buy a new program and do it over then I found a patch from a problem in 2019 I downloaded it, did a manual update and within 5 minutes my forms were transmitted and accepted today. I'm sure I'll use Turbo Tax again next year but I hope they improve their help system maybe have a real person.

dawgfan

What was the patch you utilized?  I'm running into the same issue/loop.

lwcushman

In your search bar type in turbo tax individual R15.1, click on click here to download the 189 MB update