tijuanap1025

I can’t delete the form 5695

RobertG

I can’t delete the form 5695

Form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits) is used to calculate tax credits for energy efficient improvements and alternative energy equipment.

To add or remove this form:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for this exact phrase including the comma and spaces: 5695, residential energy credit
  3. Select the Jump to link in your search results.
  4. At the bottom of the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, answer Yes, then select Continue.
    • To delete the 5695, answer No, select Continue, and then answer Yes on the following screen to confirm the deletion.
GM2323

I can’t delete the form 5695

This did not work. I believe there is a glitch in the program. Please advise

DaveF1006

I can’t delete the form 5695

If the steps listed above fails and you re in Turbo Tax online, try this. 

1) go to tax tools.

2) tools

3) delete a form

4) Go to form 5695 and delete it.

If these steps fail, you may need to clear and start over your return as a last case scenario.

Sabrina1982

I can’t delete the form 5695

Neither method works, I've done both several times. It won't let me clear and start over either. I'm taking the standard deduction. 

Cheeva316

I can’t delete the form 5695

I’ve had this issue for 3 years straight, I keep trying to delete this form but it won’t delete, even customer care doesn’t understand why, very. Single. Year same scenario and cause of this, tax filing gets delayed.

yes... me and customer care have manually deleted this form over and over and over again and it never actually deleted, it even inputs a dollar figure into the spot next to energy credits amount that ai never, ever input. This is 110% a software problem with intuit and could raise flags if one was to get audited.

I have a video from last year and this year of me trying to delete the form and showing that it actually never deletes.

Intuit really needs the IT techs to get this figured out!! People have to wait an extra 2 WEEKS (14 DAYS) for the return to file cause form 5695 is not “available to file” till January 28th while all other forms are available on January 14th, so that one single form (5695) holds up the taxes from being completely filed on January 14th...., some people who are doing simple returns might be able to have their forms available on an earlier date (not the 5695 form)