hendrixfarmllc

How do you add livestock (breeder cows) as 5-yr, 150DB depreciable assets.I can get to a Z-type asset and select 5-yr class but it defaults to 200DB.

I see when I can overide 200 DB and change to 150 DB in forms view but that doesn't recalculate the deduction. I need 15% first year deduction but it will only give me 20% from the 200 DB schedule.

Cattlerancher

Yes, breeding stock is 5 yr, 150DB. In my TurboTax H&B, it offers an asset entry option called "construction equipment" in the farm income and expense section which is the same as breeding stock.

Carl

If you select "other asset type", you'll be able to enter everything the way you want it. Just make sure you know what you're doing. (I assume you do) @Cattlerancher if you see this, might want to check me, as I'm assuming this is being reported on SCH F.
Carl

Now that has a bit of humor to it. I guess breeding cows could be called construction equipment. After all, the "do" construct more cows eventually.
mesquitebean

I see LLC as part of your forum display name.   For clarification purposes,  I see you also indicated "Business Edition"?    Is this a multimember LLC?
hendrixfarmllc

Thanks Cattlerancher. Entering them as construction equipment generates the 5-yr, 150DB depreciation schedule and provides the correct first-year depreciation (15%).
Cattlerancher