Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nrking11

How do I get rid of S Corp Form 1120 S for 2018? I sold the investment in 2017 and don't have anything to report in 2018. I have an Error on my 2018 Return.

My 2017 K-1  S Corp Form 1120 S was a 'Final K-1' and I didn't show it as such on my 2017 return, so, of course, the form appears from my 2018 TurboTax download.  TurboTax still thinks I own this investment. How can I keep this form from appearing on my 2018 and future TurboTax downloads?  I have an Error on my Fed return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

How do I get rid of S Corp Form 1120 S for 2018? I sold the investment in 2017 and don't have anything to report in 2018. I have an Error on my 2018 Return.

To delete a form (K-1) in TurboTax Premier (Windows) switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2).  Click "Open Form" in the left-hand navigation, then type "K-1" in the search box and double click on the form.  When the form populates, click "Delete Form" at the bottom of the page.  

Please comment if you need additional help with this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

To delete a form (K-1) in TurboTax Premier (Windows) switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2).  Click "Open Form" in the left-hand navigation, then type "K-1" in the search box and double click on the form.  When the form populates, click "Delete Form" at the bottom of the page.  

Please comment if you need additional help with this.

muthusamy24
Returning Member

Received letter  to file year end 2018.

to file 1120-S

If you did not file a final 1120S in 2017 then the IRS believes the business was still open ... so file a final 2018 return as requested.  

Hi, II seem to have a phantom K-1 1120S in my 2021 return - I deleted one that ended business in 2020, but TurboTax still wants me to populate a form for some reason, I get an error due to no company name on an 1102S.  I tried to follow your instructions to delete the 1120S but I do not see a "delete form" button at the  bottom of the page.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies