Solved: How do I enter a schedule e de minimis expense on schedule e. Program keeps putting asset in depreciable asset table even though it is less than $2500.

How do I enter a schedule e de minimis expense on schedule e. Program keeps putting asset in depreciable asset table even though it is less than $2500.

If you chose to enter your asset as an expense (De Minimis Safe Harbor election), scroll down to Expenses, and enter the asset as an expense. Do not go through the Assets/Depreciation section.

Related information: What can I expense or depreciate with the business safe harbor election?