Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sbateslmt

How do I add expenses for a new business (occupation canvas paintings and crafts)?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How do I add expenses for a new business (occupation canvas paintings and crafts)?

You appear to have posted your question from a version of TurboTax Online Live software.  If you’re using the Live software, you can connect with a credentialed TurboTax tax expert to assist you with your issue. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article How do I connect with a tax expert in TurboTax Live? for more information.

That said, here’s how to enter both your self-employment income and expenses in TurboTax Online:

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses
  3. Select Start, Pick up where you left off or Review/Edit, as appropriate
  4. Scroll down and select the dropdown to the right of Self-Employment
  5. Select Edit, Edit/Add or Revisit to the right of Self-employment income and expenses
  6. If you’ve already input income, select Edit below the line of work you’ve entered. 
    • Otherwise, proceed through the screens.  You’ll need to input your income information first
  7. On the Here’s your info for this work or the Select the expenses categories you have screen, select Add expenses for this work
  8. From there, follow the prompts to enter relevant expenses
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies