Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add additional North Dakota Schedule K-1s using Premier?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

If you are saying you want to add a schedule K-1 to the state only, you cannot do this. Because many state taxes follow federal taxes, the state software is not independent of the federal software. 

All tax forms must be reported on the federal level and will then transfer to the state, when you start it (even if you aren't filing the federal return and are only filing ND).

If you need to add a schedule K-1 to federal, you'll need to delete your state and re-transfer it, once you have everything entered. To do so (I'm presuming you are in desktop software for windows, if not please comment below): click File in the top left, then select Remove a state return.

To add your schedule K-1: click the Income tab >> select I'll choose what I work on to get to the full listing >> scroll down to Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income >> click Edit/Update next to Schedule K-1 >> click add a schedule K-1

Let me know how it goes or if you have questions. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AmandaR1

If you are saying you want to add a schedule K-1 to the state only, you cannot do this. Because many state taxes follow federal taxes, the state software is not independent of the federal software. 

All tax forms must be reported on the federal level and will then transfer to the state, when you start it (even if you aren't filing the federal return and are only filing ND).

If you need to add a schedule K-1 to federal, you'll need to delete your state and re-transfer it, once you have everything entered. To do so (I'm presuming you are in desktop software for windows, if not please comment below): click File in the top left, then select Remove a state return.

To add your schedule K-1: click the Income tab >> select I'll choose what I work on to get to the full listing >> scroll down to Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income >> click Edit/Update next to Schedule K-1 >> click add a schedule K-1

Let me know how it goes or if you have questions. 

I received a simple answer in a phone call with Turbo Tax support.  Federal tax info is transferred to North Dakota (ND) State forms. however, if you want to file the State return electronically you are required to add info from ND Schedule K-1.  Only one ND K-1 shows up on step by step.  The way to add more than one ND K-1s is to click on "Quick Zoom" on that one form and this gives you the ability to add more than one ND k-1. ISSUE SOLVED.

Doesn't work for me.  Clink on "Quick Zoom" does nothing

Same as rocky...quick zoom does nothing.

@johndanielwelch You answer is the best!  It saved me a phone call and really helped me to get my state wrapped up.  Btw, for those who couldn't get the QuickZoom to work; there are two "QuickZoom" areas in the first third of the page.  The one on the left won't take you anywhere but the one in the button on the right will give you a new state K-1 copy, if needed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies