turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I report K-1 1065 Part I&II data on each K-1 when reporting income from a PTP with multiple Part III data columns? Examples: Enbridge, ETP.

Previous TT community answers stipulate creating a separate K-1 for each subsidiary partnership, using the Part III column specific for that subsidiary. That's clear.  However, those answers don't specifically instruct whether to redundantly enter the Part I and Part II data that I've already included on the K-1 I prepared for the master partnership (the one that mailed out the 1065).  I recall seeing info that says to leave Part I and Part II data blank except for inclusion of the subsidiary's FEIN.  So, do I redundantly enter the same Part I and II data or not?  Examples are the K-1 Form 1065s sent by Enbridge Energy Partners and Energy Transfer Partners each of which contain multiple Part III data columns.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Do I report K-1 1065 Part I&II data on each K-1 when reporting income from a PTP with multiple Part III data columns? Examples: Enbridge, ETP.

No, you do not need to enter Part II information when creating another Schedule K-1 entry for a subsidiary partnership. However, enter all information from Part I on each K-1 copy. TurboTax will prompt you to enter this information during the final review if you do not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

No, you do not need to enter Part II information when creating another Schedule K-1 entry for a subsidiary partnership. However, enter all information from Part I on each K-1 copy. TurboTax will prompt you to enter this information during the final review if you do not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So for Part I: Should I enter the PTP information which is the company who owns all subsidiaries or enter information of each subsidiary?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies