Do I have to enter K1 and W2 if from the same LLC partnership/business? There is an overlap in income on W2 and K1 and TT is seeing them as two different income sources

There shouldn't be any overlap in income between the W-2 and the K-1.  The W-2 shows earnings you received by paycheck as an employee, which should have had payroll taxes deducted and sent in by the company.  

The K-1 shows your share of the partnership's income or loss that is yours because you are a partner.  You may or may not have received some of this as a cash distribution, but it is still income to you.

These are two distinctly different types of income, and need to be shown as different income sources.

I did receive a k-1 and a w-2 that both report the exact amount for the same income... did my tax guy do something wrong? I have a tax guy that does the business s-corp tax and then I was going to just do my personal through turbo tax. Do i just ignore the k-1 and use the w-2?

No, don't ignore anything.  Ask your tax guy about it.  From your description, yes, it seems wrong.  Look at the corporate tax return (Form 1120-S), and check if it shows your wages on Line 7 (check Line 8 too, in case it was misplaced there).

I am curious about what happened here because I still have the same question.  How are K1 and W2 distinctly different types of income and what did the 'tax guy' say about them being exactly the same?  Was that an error?  Here is my watered down scenario- 2 person business- one owner/one co-owner, set up as an S Corp, total sales $20000, total expense $13000, BOTH employees got paid $10000 in W2, owner has 98% interest in business while co-owner has 2%.  What am I missing?

This is happening to me too. My k1 is showing all income recieved but some of it is from w2.

@stebecas   You can not receive a W-2 when you are Partner.  Was that the case, or were you an employee for part of the year, then you became a Partner?

Hi, the business is setup as an S Corp- me as President (98% shares) and my daughter as VP (2% shares).  We pay ourselves via W2.  Maybe the K1 doesn't even come into 'play' with us?  

@sharrobins2   So Box 1 of the K-1 should reflect the profit of the corporation AFTER your wages were subtracted.

If my expenses were more than what we took in, then it would be a loss.  We are in 1st year of business so expenses were high for startup.  Correct?

Yes, Box 1 of your K-1 would show a loss.  If you have "Basis" in the corporation, that loss would be deductible against other income on your personal tax return.

Thanks "TaxGuyBill", you have been very helpful.  I have an accountant who will do all of this for me but I like to be well informed before the process begins.  Have a good day!