turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

raeneka24

D-40WH Hidden keep saying payor name 1 has too many characters, how do I edit this?

It keep saying Payor name one has to many characters how do I change edit this
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

D-40WH Hidden keep saying payor name 1 has too many characters, how do I edit this?

Payor Name-1 on the D-40WH almost certainly comes from your first federal W-2 or 1099-MISC. The official DC form has only 13 spaces on the form (the TurboTax version might have more - I haven't seen it).

The first thing I would do is edit your first W-2 and shorten the Employer's Name to less than 20 characters Then do the Review again and see if the error goes away. If so, you have found the problem. If the error persists, then try the other W-2s or 1099s (if any), or shorten the name to 15 characters - although users have replied that shortening to 20 normally solved the problem.

Note that shortening the name of the employer on the W-2 won't be a problem, if you've made sure that the employer's EIN on the W-2 is correctly entered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Payor Name-1 on the D-40WH almost certainly comes from your first federal W-2 or 1099-MISC. The official DC form has only 13 spaces on the form (the TurboTax version might have more - I haven't seen it).

The first thing I would do is edit your first W-2 and shorten the Employer's Name to less than 20 characters Then do the Review again and see if the error goes away. If so, you have found the problem. If the error persists, then try the other W-2s or 1099s (if any), or shorten the name to 15 characters - although users have replied that shortening to 20 normally solved the problem.

Note that shortening the name of the employer on the W-2 won't be a problem, if you've made sure that the employer's EIN on the W-2 is correctly entered.

gkirwan

D-40WH Hidden: Payor Name-1 has too many characters - Is this something for Turbo Tax to fix or do I just mail in the return.
Manage cookies