Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Check box for corrected 1099

I got two 1099s corrected after I spotted the error in income reporting. (Thankfully I saw this before filing.) I'm ready to enter the corrected 1099s but I don't see a section where I can check the box like the form does that says "this 1099 has been corrected". I thought historically TURBOTAX showed this box on the s/w. Is that function gone now? Or am I just somehow NOT seeing it?

And if so will it matter? Will they notice I haven't checked a box? Of course I never entered the wrong one and will have only entered the second one received. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The ability to mark that a Form 1099-R has been corrected is still there.  However, it is in a different place within TurboTax depending on which version of the program you are using.

If you are using TurboTax Online, you will find the check box in the follow-up screens after you have entered the details of the Form 1099-R.  It is listed on the screen titled, 'Do any of these situations apply to you?'

If you are using one of the CD/downloaded versions of TurboTax, the box to check for a corrected Form 1099-R is on the first screen where you enter the details of the payer for the 1099-R.  The box is shown just below the payer's Federal ID number.

Bottom line, it may not matter that you check the 'corrected' box, but if it is there, go ahead and check it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's a 1099-NEC. I still don't see it. I tried entering it again as a new 1099, figuring I could delete the other one if it worked and it never asked if it is a corrected 1099.  Any ideas? I'm used to being asked that question... 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

My apologies for jumping to the conclusion that you were referring to Form 1099-R instead of something else.  

There does not appear to be an option within TurboTax, no matter which version you are using, to identify a Form 1099-NEC as 'corrected'.  Just be sure that your income is reported from the corrected form.  

Since Form 1099-NEC income is generally reported on Schedule C where it can be added to other income such as cash payments, the IRS would not be matching the income amounts directly when processing your return as they would be with the entry of a corrected W-2 or Form 1099-R.

@1099erGirl 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies