NS1

Can we e-file partnership return 1065 after we have filed for an extension with form 7004?

We e-filed for extension of time on filing 1065 last month with form 7004, via ExpressExtension, and at the time got an email confirmation that the extension has been accepted by the IRS for the Tax Year 2018. Now we are ready to submit our 1065 with TurboTax Business.

I got the impression that we have to attach a copy of the filed form 7004 with our return. Is this correct and do we really need to attach it? Since there is no way to attach documents with TurboTax Business, can we still e-file our partnership return?

When I go to forms mode, I see that there is a form 7004 and I can open it, and activate it. It appears as if this will create the form and send it out with the return. Is this the correct thing to do in our case?

Yes, you can file the 1065 return.  You will not need to attach a copy of Form 7004 to the return.  You have already received confirmation that the IRS has accepted the extension. Uncheck the box that activated the 7004 in your return.

NS1

Thank you!