Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zpz
Returning Member

Can I refile 2019 and split off sole-prop into it's own schedule C, separate from my main sched C?

Had some gig income that I lumped into my main LLC, but reported it as separate sole-prop income with it's own schedule C on 2020. Is it possible to go back and refile/amend 2019 to make 2019 match up: main LLC and sole-prop income, both with their own schedule C's?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I refile 2019 and split off sole-prop into it's own schedule C, separate from my main sched C?

I guess you could but it wouldn't change your overall tax return.  I wouldn't bother.  Just forget 2019 and do it how you want going forward.  Changing 2019 isn't going to affect the future years.  What do you hope to gain?

zpz
Returning Member

Thanks for the comment, VolvoGirl.

Honestly: looking to show that the sole-prop "business" has been in business since I started doing the work (8/2019) for purposes of getting a mortgage. Since it doesn't officially appear on taxes in the form of a schedule C until 2020, and most places won't count self-employed income unless it's been reported or two years, the money I made from that business won't be counted on a mortgage until next year. Looking to get a house this year and if I can refile 2019, split off the sole-prop income into it's own Schedule C, then the taxes reflect the actual situation, bankers are happy and then we can move forward with a mortgage that will actually purchase a house.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies