Solved: At one point in TurboTax it asks "did you itemize last year?" I said I didn't but in fact I did. Where do I go to correct my answer?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At one point in TurboTax it asks "did you itemize last year?" I said I didn't but in fact I did. Where do I go to correct my answer?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 12

At one point in TurboTax it asks "did you itemize last year?" I said I didn't but in fact I did. Where do I go to correct my answer?

To get back to that question, you can revisit the State and Local refunds section in TurboTax.  Sign into your return, and click on Federal (left side menu).  Then scroll down to 1099-GRefunds Received from State/Local Tax Returns.

Click on Update or Review; you will see State and Local Refund Summary, click DONE at the bottom.  The next page will ask whether or not you itemized last year.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 12

To get back to that question, you can revisit the State and Local refunds section in TurboTax.  Sign into your return, and click on Federal (left side menu).  Then scroll down to 1099-GRefunds Received from State/Local Tax Returns.

Click on Update or Review; you will see State and Local Refund Summary, click DONE at the bottom.  The next page will ask whether or not you itemized last year.  

View solution in original post

Just a note that I was surprised to have TurboTax ask whether I itemized, when it should have recognized that I did since I imported 2017 TurboTax results.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings