turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At one point in TurboTax it asks "did you itemize last year?" I said I didn't but in fact I did. Where do I go to correct my answer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

At one point in TurboTax it asks "did you itemize last year?" I said I didn't but in fact I did. Where do I go to correct my answer?

To get back to that question, you can revisit the State and Local refunds section in TurboTax.  Sign into your return, and click on Federal (left side menu).  Then scroll down to 1099-GRefunds Received from State/Local Tax Returns.

Click on Update or Review; you will see State and Local Refund Summary, click DONE at the bottom.  The next page will ask whether or not you itemized last year.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

To get back to that question, you can revisit the State and Local refunds section in TurboTax.  Sign into your return, and click on Federal (left side menu).  Then scroll down to 1099-GRefunds Received from State/Local Tax Returns.

Click on Update or Review; you will see State and Local Refund Summary, click DONE at the bottom.  The next page will ask whether or not you itemized last year.  

Just a note that I was surprised to have TurboTax ask whether I itemized, when it should have recognized that I did since I imported 2017 TurboTax results.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies