turbotet1

As I'm reviewing my return, W2 Box 14 category field requires information. What do I choose as the category when the description is for RSU?

DavidD66

RSU amounts reported in Box 14 of Form W-2 are informational.  It's just telling you how much income from RSU vesting is included in your income.

Employers can put just about anything in box 14; it's a catch-all for items that don't have their own dedicated box on the W-2.

In TurboTax, enter the description from your W-2's box 14 on the first field in the row. Enter the dollar amount and select the correct tax category that goes with that description.

If none of the categories apply, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Other–not on above list. Don’t worry. We'll figure out if it impacts your return or not. If we need more information, we'll ask you.

DavidD66