Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Adult entertainer: how do I deduct my surgery?:breast augmentation, I only got surgery for business purposes to increase my income as a topless dancer ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Adult entertainer: how do I deduct my surgery?:breast augmentation, I only got surgery for business purposes to increase my income as a topless dancer ??

Elective Surgery is not deductible under medical expenses.

sole purpose is for business only, this is literally my only business expense as I haven't even bought costumes or anything else all year to be able to get this for my business.

sole purpose is for business only, this is literally my only business expense as I haven't even bought costumes or anything else all year to be able to get this for my business.

You can't separate the business from the personal benefit so the IRS would not allow it.  An analogy would be a business man wanting to deduct an expensive outfit because he needs it to be presentable to his clients.  The IRS argues that the suit COULD also be used for non-business activities (even though the taxpayer says it is only for business) and disallows it.  Similarly, the IRS would argue that even though it might improve you income, it also enhances you personally.

should I do 1/2 then? I don't want audited

https://www.irs.com/articles/can-breast-implants-be-claimed-tax-deduction

Under certain conditions as outlined in this article, a business deduction MAY be available.

if I would have known that I was gonna get audited over a business expense and not spent any other $ on anything else just to do this all year, no costumes, costume makeup, etc, just this so I'm gonna be paying thousands to the irs because I don't have any business expenses if they don't accept this....f that.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies