turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kellimc2

2 questions: Dissolved proprietorship in 2017- which version of Turbo Tax do I need? And is there a particular form to look for?

I used Home & Biz for 2016 but since we dissolved in Jan 2017, didn't know if necessary to use same version

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

2 questions: Dissolved proprietorship in 2017- which version of Turbo Tax do I need? And is there a particular form to look for?

It is necessary to enter the information about disposing of any assets you had entered previously.  You may simply have converted them to personal use and that's fine but you need to enter the disposal date in order to stop depreciation.  If youu had no assets, you would not need Home &Business.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

It is necessary to enter the information about disposing of any assets you had entered previously.  You may simply have converted them to personal use and that's fine but you need to enter the disposal date in order to stop depreciation.  If youu had no assets, you would not need Home &Business.

kellimc2

Ok, so to be clear: I DO NOT need Home & Biz if no assets ?? so would Deluxe or Premier prompt the question of the disposal date?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies