turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 NEC

In past years I received 1099 misc forms as a non-employee compensation from my employer. This is my 1st year to receive a 1099-NEC form. I have used Turbo Tax Home & Business continuously for years. After entering my income amount from my  2020 1099-NEC form it shows up as $0 in review. If I open it again it correctly shows the amount I had entered.  My question is will the income show up in my filing when I submit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

1099 NEC

Yes, it should show up in your filing. However, there is a known issue linking it to your Schedule C or another form,. You can Sign Up here for email updates. TurboTax is working on this issue. 

You can enter Form 1099-NEC a different way if you would rather not wait. But first, go to Forms mode and scroll to Schedule C. Check Part 1, line 1b to confirm that Form 1099-NEC is not carrying to Schedule C.

If you need to enter it a different way, follow these steps:

Step 1, Delete the existing Form 1099-NEC:

• From the Forms mode, scroll down and select 1099-NEC Wks.
  • In the lower left corner of the forms window, select Delete Form and click Yes to confirm.

Step 2, Enter Form 1099-NEC as Other Income, which will appear on Line 5 of Schedule C:

• From the Business tab in Step-by-Step mode, select Continue and I'll choose what I work on.
  • By the affected entity, presumably your Business Income & Expenses, select Update and Edit.
  • Scroll to Other Income and select Start.
  • Enter a description of Form 1099-NEC including the EIN and Business Name of the Issuer
  • Enter the amount and Continue through the rest of the interview.

For an overview to this new form, see What is Form 1099-NEC?

@RKruse32361

comaman21959
Returning Member

1099 NEC

forget about it!

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

1099 NEC

I'm assuming you are referring to Form 1099-R, and not 1099-NEC.  

Assuming that is correct, your input should have been entered as part of your Retirement income as outlined in the steps listed below.

If you did have taxable pension distributions reported on Form 1099-Rs that were not picked up on your prior tax returns, you will need to file amended returns to ensure the correct amounts are reported.  You can prepare the amended returns for each year as applicable by following the instructions in this link.

Amending a return you already filed

Your 1099-R form input would be under the Federal income section as follows: 

1. Select Income & Expenses 
  2. Scroll down to All Income 
  3. Select show more to the right of Retirement Plans & Social Security 
  4. Select start/revisit to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) 

1099-R input

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies