rnblock1

1041 schedule k1 estates and trusts On the Schedule K-1 Worksheet, Part I, Box E1, Form Error unless 1041 checked as final, 1041 is not final

On the K-1 worksheet, Part I,Box E1, Turbotax lists an error unless I check the box that the associated 1041 is a final 1041.  The associated 1041 filed in 2018 is not the final 1041.  How do I get rid of the form error?

tagteam

" How do I get rid of the form error?"

You either have a corrupt *.tax2018 file or you have an amount (or amounts) entered on Line 11 of your K-1.

If you have figures on Line 11, you either need to clear them or check the box. If this is a situation where Line 11 is populated but the final 1041 box is not checked, you should contact the fiduciary.

In the case of the former, you should try deleting the K-1 entirely and re-entering it. 

tagteam

" How do I get rid of the form error?"

rnblock1

Thank you.