Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You took money, that was supposed to be taken out of my return, I haven't gotten my return. So, overdrew my bank account! YOU WERE TO TAKE IT OUT OF RETURN, NOT BANK ACT

I WANT TO HEAR FROM TURBO TAX, NOT SOMEONE ELSE!  THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED, AND IT COST ME ANOTHER $32, SINCE YOU OVERDREW MY ACCOUNT, WITH A WITHDRAW STRAIGHT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT, NOT TAKING THE MONEY OWED, FROM MY FEDERAL (IRS) RETURN, LIKE WAS POSTED!  I NEED ANSWERS, THIS IS MY THIRD TIME TRYING THIS!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

You took money, that was supposed to be taken out of my return, I haven't gotten my return. So, overdrew my bank account! YOU WERE TO TAKE IT OUT OF RETURN, NOT BANK ACT

If the IRS adjusted your refund or it's taking too long you should have received at least 2 emails about paying the fees. If you don't pay the SBTPG bank will directly debit your account.  You had to agree to it to file.

Why was my bank charged?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-charged-or-debited-for-turbotax-fe...

See this FAQ, it explains about why they will debit your bank account
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552376-what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-turbota...

screen shot added above

When you signed up for this service, you agreed to let TT take its fees if your refund was delayed (usually after 45 days).

So I just get screwed out of my charge at my bank?   This is complete garbage, and it isn't my fault.

Yeah I got screwed too.

It may not be your fault, hut it's not TT's fault either. They cannot be expected to wait forever for their fees.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees">ht...>
Next time, pay the fees with a debit or credit card, and save the extra charge. You can also change your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund tax time.
Katiegaita1016
Returning Member

This just happened to me and I don't know what I'm go in to do u have no job because of covid19 and I'm a single mom I'm so upset

This exact same thing just happened to me!!  What's really messed up is that TURBOTAX isnt even supposed to charge you a fee if you are a low income household.  They basically been robbing us, they are getting sued for it right now.  So they prolly just trying to get all the money they can before having to pay out a large amount of money on this lawsuit.  Assholes right!  Thanks TURBOTAX for that overdraft fee you just caused.  My bank account is now -$166.00 

Natilee

Me too no emails that they were taking the fee out no refund no stimulus whatbin the hell 

@Natilee wrote:

Me too no emails that they were taking the fee out no refund no stimulus whatbin the hell 

You would have received 4 emails from TurboTax requesting payment of the TurboTax account fees due to the federal tax refund being delayed.  Along with information on how to defer payment for a time.

Look in your email account spam or junk mail folder.

Is your email correct for your TurboTax account?  See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to verify - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the payment of the TurboTax account fees when the federal tax refund has been delayed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies