turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to amend my return. Do I need to wait until I received my refund before I amend it?

I have a refund of about $8k that I haven't received yet, but I need to amend my return.  I will need to write checks to fed/state totaling about $1k.  Do I need to wait for the refund to post to my account before sending my amended return and checks?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I had to amend my return. Do I need to wait until I received my refund before I amend it?

You don't have to. The amend process will take some time. Some people prefer to do so, just because they have the money in the bank with which to write those balance due checks and because they know the IRS has fully accepted the information on the return. As long as you amend before 4/18/17, you are good.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You don't have to. The amend process will take some time. Some people prefer to do so, just because they have the money in the bank with which to write those balance due checks and because they know the IRS has fully accepted the information on the return. As long as you amend before 4/18/17, you are good.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies