turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clarke193

Will Turbo Tax automatically file for me a QBI deduction for my small business if I qualify for it and/or how do I tell in advance of filing whether TT did?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

Will Turbo Tax automatically file for me a QBI deduction for my small business if I qualify for it and/or how do I tell in advance of filing whether TT did?

Yes, TurboTax will calculate the QBI deduction for you.  As you complete entry for your business (Schedule C), you will be notified of the amount of the deduction.  Plus, you can preview your 1040 form and see if the QBI deduction is reported on line 9 of the 1040 form.

To preview your 1040 in TurboTax Online:

Select Tools Tools from left hand column. Then Tools. Next, select View Tax Summary in the pop-up, then Preview my 1040 in the left menu.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

Yes, TurboTax will calculate the QBI deduction for you.  As you complete entry for your business (Schedule C), you will be notified of the amount of the deduction.  Plus, you can preview your 1040 form and see if the QBI deduction is reported on line 9 of the 1040 form.

To preview your 1040 in TurboTax Online:

Select Tools Tools from left hand column. Then Tools. Next, select View Tax Summary in the pop-up, then Preview my 1040 in the left menu.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies